Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year



A new year upon us, and we make our lists of goals and aspirations.  In my particular situation, as of January 1, I have the opportunity to work in a new church.  New is often exciting.  New helps me assess things I’ve done at other places -- what has worked and what I will want to change. 

That’s not only true of a person in a new position – it’s true for most of us. As we move through life God truly makes all things new.  When it comes to church ministry, it’s a constant desire to serve the Lord and other people that hopefully spurs us on to growth, musically and spiritually. As situations change, we need to be flexible.  More than anything, we need to be true to what God calls us to do.  Maybe this new years weekend you can take a fresh look at your calling – and jot down a word or two you receive from God.

There are so many I’ve worked with who display not only a talent and enjoyment of the music we do, but a fierce dedication to serving the Lord.  They are there, and they are dependable, year in and year out.  These are the people who inspire me and who encourage me to give my very best. 

So as we raise our toasts at midnight New Years Eve, and we raise our glasses to one another, lets lift our lives to the One who made us, and receive His guidance and His peace for this new phase of our lives!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment